Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Embossed Leaves Socks

These were really simple and fast to knit up. I hardly like cuff down patterns, cuz I can't try them on as I knit. However, I don't knit socks as often as I knit shawls. So here's pictures first and details at the end of this post.

Pattern: Embossed Leaves Socks, from Favourite Socks
Yarn: Gems Opal in Fern, used 2 hanks with plenty of left over for my Asian feet.
Needle: Crystal Palace Bamboo DPNS, 2.25mm, US 1
Size: n/a
Time to finish: more than a week
Modification: I did 1 less repeat for the insteps.
Afterthoughts: I really love the DPNs, its one thing which I would use besides Addi's. I thought the yarn played a part in making this project smooth sailing. I had heard so much about this yarn which made me yearn some for a sock project. I wanted to give thanks to Susan for making this possible. Now I'm craving for more of the Gems.

Despite tinking a couple of times, the pattern was easy to follow. I had it at the back of my brain after 2 repeats.

Subsequently, I managed to finish another project last weekend. Seems like I have a backlog of FOs to be documented. For those on Ravelry, you might have already saw this pair of socks much earlier. I update more over there than I do here.

Back to work for now.

2 Loops:

Team Knit said...

They look fantastic! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I prefer DPNs too. =)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com