Monday, December 01, 2008

Fern Garden

I hope to finish taking photos of all my FOs and keep this blog really up-to-date. So this is not the last of my stoles and shawls.



Pattern: Fern Garden Stole by Sharon Winsauer
Yarn: Alpaca with a Twist Fino, Silver Belle, less than 2 skeins.
Needle: 3.75 mm Addi Lace
Size: n/a
Time to finish: < 2 weeks
Notes: I had about 70grams left from the second skein. Being in a high humidity climate, knitting with alpaca is a little painful. As it keep sticking onto my pinkie and refuse to slide smoothly. The silk content does its job beautifully, giving a slight sheen.
The Fern Garden motif is exactly as the one on FPS. However, due to the movement of the motif, it did took me a little while to get use to reading the chart. This made it a more interesting knit.

2 Loops:

MoniqueB. said...

It's looking great! wonderfull pattern and with the Alpaca (as you wrote it was though to knit) it múst be awefully soft...
Wear it proud!

MoniqueB.

R a i n said...

Gorgeous!!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com