Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When i put aside knitting

Then what would I be doing? It's shopping, not of wool or yarn, but of apparels. So I guess retail therapy still works out pretty well for me.


So the local shopping scene is much similar to the yarn industry. You will find brick and mortar boutiques or online blogshops (BS). Glad to say that I saved up quite a bit which goes in the money for yarn. In between launches of BSs, I will work on my latest project. This sound like stalking for Wollmeise yarn every friday. Anyhow, this post is a short review for a few BSs which I had patronised and in no particular order of ranking.

BS for shoes are hard to come by. Few BSs will have a pair once in a while. So this is indeed rare for shoes lovers. However, the thing about shoes is that you need to try on. Buying based on measurement given could be risky at times. My first pair was passed to my mom cuz I got pretty wide feet. So I might go one size up for their pretty flats. Owner is a young pretty lass out to venture in the world of fashion. Still, I am looking forward to her next collection on thursday.

Known previously as Acrossthebloodyuniverse.com. Set up by 2 ladies, Sarah & Mery, with a great and unique fashion senses. Quality of apparels had only failed me once, when the measurement given was off. However, that piece was returned and I had my refund. Everything was done in a timely manner, kudos to their customer service. With that in mind, I had made more purchases and even recommended to friends. My biggest wish is that they could bring in more stock for their items. They always ran out within a minute of the launch. Being on backorder is the other way to your items.

Their clothes are quite affordable despite being on dot com basis. Dot com shops do have more overheads, especially when they are doing very good on LJ and move over to dot com. They will need a good server that supports them during each launch. In their previous carnation, I had a few qualms about them due to their website going down when they do an update. Once being item short delivered and other times having to wait for their page to load while my item went out of stock during check out. Currently, they placed their shop on myshopify.com, which I hope they do not increase their prices. Shopping experience since the change had been smooth but items run out within 2 minutes. Faster fingers win the game.

Another one which move to dot com recently. Unlike SMooch, they do not keep a data base for customers to trace their orders (so does Hollyhoque). Its something which is very essential to customers. They to know their payment confirmations, delivery or even credit notes. I find it a waste of effort to move to dot com if owners do not take customers seriously by not improving. Its a giant step to move on, but does their service getting in the same direction and speed? I seriously doubt so. I used to love shopping on their LJ launches and received some lovely items.
Ever since their move, I had stop not in spite of their service but of their designs and quality. I had read negative feedbacks on local forums hence this shop will be on the backseat unless they up a few notches on their website config.

This is the biggest and most successful ones that move to dot com last August. There were also issues with server problems during their few initial launches but were all ironed out subsequently with dedicated servers. It's not a wonder when a few thousand people are loading their browsers to check out on new items. I do get their basic items once in a while. Prices had a hike since their move so there are times when items were overpriced

I do love to mention other BS, but will leave it to next round.

0 Loops:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com