Monday, April 25, 2005

Photos for the first time

WARNING: GRAPHIC INTENSIVE for the next few entries.


When you have a giant ball of yarn, what do you do with it?

I will:
1. Knit
2. knit
3. KNIT KNIT KNIT x 1000000000 stitches

Outcome:


a closer look at the cabled sleeves


Pattern: You are right, this is Mariah from Knitty.com.
Yarn: Patons Caressa
Things which i've learn: Mariah is my first sweater and a raglan one, it was quite challenging while i was on sleeve #1, thereafter, sleeve #2 was a breeze. cabling without a cable needle is the trick!~~
etc... : this is a hood-less Mariah, cuz i think the hood won't be much of use to me. the hood will be like a lump of material on my back. if your eyes are sharp enough, you could have notice the zipper is not attach at all. =p just too lazy to get it done.

i'll be posting more on my other FOs and WIPs in the next few posts, else this blog will be oh-so-boring.

7 Loops:

opportunityknits said...

Just love the blue for your Mariah. All done, so what's next? By the way, I have started my shrug.

Laura.Y said...

my goodness! LOL that's one huge ball of yarn and a very lovely Mariah. How long did it take you to finish? :)

Lois said...

erin: u wanna join my Shrug KAL?

laura.y: less than 4 weeks, knitting day in and out.

zibibbo said...

oh wow! Lovely! The color shows off the cable work beautifully. And yes! Sans needle is the way to go. Brava!

goodkarma said...

This is a gorgeous Mariah, you should be so proud!

Cheryl said...

That is beautiful. Congrats on your first sweater. That is amazing!

Azuredrake said...

That is such a pretty blue.
Very nice.

And that ball of yarn is hugemongous! Holy crap!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com