Monday, December 04, 2006

Rough Patch

I had one today. However I told myself that I can still hold my head up and walk with no fear of anything. Having brave through previous old fears, I must be stronger than ever for everything that's to come. Tears are not a form of weakness but the ability to face even more than I can bear. At the end of breaking down, its the beginning of picking oneself up and the strenght to start afresh.

It had been more than 3 years, since alcohol and cigarettes were part of my weekends. Gone are the days when I count down to friday evenings, where I hop from club to club and more clubs. I have my yarns and needles for company now. Something that's much more productive at the end of the day.

I shall pray to the Knitting Goddess for many more knitty days to come.

Quote of the Day:
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one opened for us" - Helen Keller

5 Loops:

Anonymous said...

Ack. Hope the rough patch passes soon. Personally, I think its much more fun (and productive! Like you said) to be knitting than clubbing.. not necessarily less costly though. ;)

Unknown said...

thanks for the concern.

I guess i tend to turn to alcohol last time. now i depend on knitting. a different kind of addiction.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*
knitting = therapy!! (at least for me) =D

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Lois. Rough patches are there to remind you how far you've come. Sending good vibes your way babe.

Sally said...

Hugs and good thoughts for you. God Bless.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com