Saturday, September 15, 2007

Summertime Tunic

The last I posted a FO was in June. Since then I had a lot of problem making my computer and mobile phone communicate with each other. So I guess there will be some overdue FOs to be shown. First up is the Summertime Tunic.
Pattern: Summertime Tunic from Interweave Knits Summer 07
Yarn: Sea Queen - Linen Cotton
Needle: Addi Turbo 3.75mm
Size: Smallest
Time to finish: Almost a weekI used 1.5m of chinese knotting thread and 2 craved wooden beads as embellishments. The tunic was an easy knit. The only thing which was not to my liking is the rolled up edges. In order to avoid it, I used the sewn-up hem method. Indeed, the hem did not roll up as badly as it would have.
The yarn was bought during the Hong Kong trip. Something which was not found in Singapore and I just have to try it. A pretty fine blend of 70% cotton with 30% linen. Turns out that the knitted material is soft and light. Hope to try other range from Sea Queen too.

2 Loops:

Anonymous said...

It turned out lovely. I especially like the brown cording you used. It looks so nice with the pink!

a friend to knit with said...

beautiful!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com