Sunday, May 29, 2005

If you do not already know, i've signed up for SP5. Here's my answers to the SP questionnairs

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm not exactly a yarn snob, but i do believe that yarns of better quality knits up a better garment. and better quality yarns will be more durable; i do not want something which i had spent many hours and efforts knitting to be out of shape/color in jus a few washes/wear.

Edited: I prefer higher end yarns, so a yarn snob i will be. LOL~

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do not spin, and have stopped crocheting since 10 years ago.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
no allergies as of today. *cross fingers* no cigarette smoke please, cigar as well.


4. How long have you been knitting?
I have always wanted to learn knitting, but it was only till last November did i pick up the needles to learn. infact, i'm a self-taught knitter.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
my wishlist goes on and on, so any online wishlist is not enough.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
no foody scents please. my nose only agrees to flora or citrusy.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I do love dark chocolates

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like origami, and is picking up beading now.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My harddisk is loaded with jazz, new age and favorites from Ministry of Music.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I can't take warm colors like orange, earthy tones. Although i love black, i hasn't knit a single thing in black before.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm living with both my parents and a younger brother. THe last of my hamster family died 2 months ago.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
TO own a yarn shop, so that i can admire the beautiful yarns and sell them as well. anyway, this is just a dream.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
No favorite yet. However i do want to try cashmere, silk and alpaca.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I do like natural fibres for apparels and I won't mind arylic for non-apparals

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I NEED cable projects. i noticed i have too many lace projects and i need a balance between the two.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Cardigans of course, an apparel which is light to carry around yet keeps me warm in air-conditioned rooms.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Take a look at my side bar. It's always updated.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I knitted one from VK Holiday 2004, i guessed its not really me to wear one.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars forever!!!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer my Boye set to Denise. Does this answer the question? and i want to try Addi Turbos.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not one yet, but i would like to learnt.

22. How did you learn to knit?
Self taught with online videos.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I rotate my WIPs when i get bore with any of them. the oldest is Mariah which i've procastinated sewing on the zipper for 2 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Give me Melody any day. NO Hello Kitty please. and i prefer dogs to cats.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and the Chinese Mid Autumn Festival, cuz i love having mooncakes.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
I've been collecting postcards, those advertising ones, for more than 5 years.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Iinterweave Knits only, have yet to receive my first copy.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Dan Brown's Deception Point
- Shopaholic series (i already have the first 2 in the series)

0 Loops:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com